Sewing Pokémon Pokémon
Overcoat (Dream World)
|50% ♀/50% ♂|
|Pokédex color||Egg groups|
|5.5 lbs.||2.5 kg||1'00" ft.||0.3 m|
|Generation IV||Generation V|
|Generations I - IV|
|Sewaddle did not appear during the Generation I - IV games.|
|Leavanny dress it in clothes they made for it when it hatched. It hides its head in its hood while it is sleeping.|
|This Pokémon makes clothes for itself. It chews up leaves and sews them with sticky thread extruded from its mouth.|
|I||Red||Blue||Yellow||Red (JP)||Green (JP)||Back|
|Sewaddle did not appear in Generation I|
|Sewaddle did not appear in Generation II|
|Sewaddle did not appear in Generation III|
|Sewaddle did not appear in Generation IV|
|V||Black||White||Black 2||White 2||Back|
|Level||Move||Power||Accuracy||PP||Type||Damage Type||Contest Type||Appeal||Jam|
|Bold indicates this Pokémon receives STAB from this move.|
Italic indicates an evolved or alternate form of this Pokémon receives STAB from this move.
- Sewaddle's image was leaked Yahoo's official Pokémon site on August 5, 2010. It was officially revealed on September issue of Coro Coro on August 8, 2010.
- Sewaddle appears to have similarities of a Caterpillar, yet it is based off a silk worm.
- It is like the bugs from every other generation. Caterpie and Weedle, Spinarak and Ledyba, Wurmple Male and Female, and Burmy in it's different cloaks.
- It is the fourth /-type Pokémon, the others being Paras, Parasect, and Wormadam.
- While Sewaddle seems to have an evolution chain similar to Caterpie, Weedle, or Wurmple, it evolves at level 20, rather than at level 7, breaking the rule of which Bug-types evolve quickly.
- The leaf behind it's head appears to have been chewed on by a caterpillar.
- Ash used to have a Sewaddle in the anime but now, it evolved into a Swadloon and later Leavanny.
- Sewaddle is the first Bug-type Pokémon in Generation V
- Sewaddle's Pokedex entries are conflicting ones. One States that Leavanny makes it's "clothes" while the other states it makes it's own.