|"Pokémon Double Trouble"|
|Pokémon: Adventures on the Orange Islands|
|August 12, 1999||September 9, 2000|
Ash and co. arrive on Kumquat Island where Ash hopes to win his final badge. As a woman on the beach advertizes her hotel she notices Ash, rushes up to him and nearly hugs the life out of him because she thought Ash was her son. After the confusion was cleared up Team Rocket appears in a giant robotic Rhydon. The woman calls out her Alakazam and is revealed to be Luana, the Kumquat Gym Leader. After Team Rocket was defeated (again), Ash challenged Luana to a gym battle and she accepted his challenge. The rules were to use two Pokémon at the same time. Can Ash adjust to this new style of battling and win his final badge?
- This is the second episode where a mother character mistakes Ash for her own son. The first time this happened was in "IL027: Hypno's Naptime". Also, both are episode 27 of their respective season.
- This episode was the first to introduce Double Battles, a concept which was very popular from Generation III onward.
- This episode marks the second time Jessie was called "Old".
- A scene where Luana squeezed Ash was cut from the original, due to him being squeezed onto her breasts.
- A scene where Jynx was on a treadmill was removed for Blackface racism.
- Ash's Charizard used Tackle in this episode. The Charizard Family is unable to use this move.
- This is the third episode we see Misty without her side-ponytail.
- While heading to the Kumquat Gym, Luana didn't have her lipstick on.
|This article is an anime related stub. Please help the Azurilland Wiki by editing it.|