|"Gettin' the Bugs Out"|
|Pokémon: The Johto Journeys|
|April 20, 2000||March 17, 2001|
Once again, the time has come. While Kurt was working on the new Apricorn Poké Balls for Ash and co. Ash decides to challenge the Azalea Gym. Even though he dosent have his Top fighter anymore, he's putting all his faith in his new Cyndaquil. Ash soon discovers that the Gym is home to many Bug-type Pokémon, must to Misty's dismay, and they meet Bugsy, the Azalea Gym Leader, who looks no older than Ash. Though he's young, his knowledge of Bug-type Pokémon far exceeds his years. Can Ash find a way to outsmart this walking Bug-type Pokémon encyclopedia? And what of our heroes new Poké Balls?
- Misty made a reference about how Ash let his Charizard go to train at Charicific Valley in JE018: Charizard's Burning Ambitions
- Misty calls the Azalea Gym a "Torture Chamber" because of her fear of Bug-type Pokémon, which the Gym Leader, Bugsy specializes in.
- Ash's Chikorita uses Sweet Smell instead of the actual move Sweet Scent.
- Before Ash sends out Pikachu to battle Metapod, he said that he'll "save Chikorita for later" even though Chikorita was already defeated in the battle against Metapod.
- Misty: Mr. Ketchum, do you have a prediction about your upcoming Pokémon Match?
- Ash: I predict victory! How about you, Pikachu?
- Pikachu: Pikachu.
- Misty: Well, I don't know Ash, I think this'll be a tough one.
- Ash: How come?
- Misty: You don't have your star battler anymore. In your other Gym Matches, you could count on Charizard to use its fire power to win when you made dumb mistakes.
- Pikachu: Pika.
- Ash: No problem. Charizard may be gone, but Cyndaquil's got plenty of fire power.
- Misty: [about the Azalea Gym] This isn't a Pokémon Gym, it's a torture chamber!
|This article is an anime related stub. Please help the Azurilland Wiki by editing it.|