|"Riding the Winds of Change!"|
|Pokémon: DP Battle Dimension|
|January 24, 2008||July 5, 2008|
- Paul captures a Gliscor; Ash captures a Gligar.
- Turtwig masters Energy Ball
Characters and items
- Pikachu (Ash's)
- Staravia (Ash's)
- Turtwig (Ash's)
- Chimchar (Ash's)
- Buizel (Ash's)
- Gligar (Ash's; newly caught)
- Piplup (Dawn's)
- Buneary] (Dawn's)
- Pachirisu (Dawn's)
- Ambipom (Dawn's)
- Sudowoodo (Brock's)
- Croagunk (Brock's)
- Happiny (Brock's)
- Meowth (Team Rocket's)
- Wobbuffet (Jessie's)
- Gliscor (Paul's; newly caught)
- Gligar (wild)
As Ash and his friends pass through a city, a Gliscor and a group of Gligar swarm them and gobble up all their lunch. What's more, Paul is also in town with his Murkrow—it looks like he's after Gliscor! Paul leaves without explanation, but Officer Jenny and Nurse Joy explain what's going on: a storm swept Gliscor into the city, and the local wind patterns have kept it trapped there ever since. To top it off, Gliscor's Screech navigation waves bounced off the city's skyscrapers and lured all the Gligar to the city, where they became trapped as well.
Since then, Gliscor and the Gligar have been raiding all the food in the city to feed themselves. Now, with the help of Ash and the gang, Officer Jenny and Nurse Joy plan to lure the Pokémon to a spot where the winds will sweep them back to the forest. The plan gets underway without a hitch, until Team Rocket jump in and kidnap Gliscor and the Gligar. However, there's one friendly Gligar who lags behind the others, and its tardiness saves it from being caught up in Team Rocket's trap. This Gligar frees its friends, but now the road is blocked, leaving no way to get the Pokémon to the target spot!
Ash comes up with a new plan: get Gliscor and the Gligar together, then use Gust to blow them free of the city. Paul, who couldn't care less about the plan, catches up to Gliscor and catches it, leaving the Gligar without a leader. Fortunately, the one friendly Gligar helps Ash convince the other Gligar to follow the plan. A team of Pokémon using Gust succeeds in blowing the Gligar back to the forest—with one exception. Ash's new Gligar friend insists on coming back to Ash, so Ash takes the hint and captures it for his team. With his new buddy in tow, it's time for Ash to finally reach Veilstone City!
- [when Turtwig’s attacks missed the Gliscor and Gligar]
- Brock: Okay, return! [calls back all of his Pokémon]
- Dawn: Everybody! [returns her Pokémon]
- Ash: [returns his Pokémon] Brock, Dawn, you okay?
- Brock: We’re fine.
- Dawn: But who are those Pokémon?
- Brock: Gliscor and Gligar.
- Dawn: Whoa, I gotta see this. [opens her Pokédex and looks up about Gligar]
- Dawn’s Pokédex: [robotic voice] Gligar, the FlyScorpion Pokémon. It glides using the membrane attached to its arms and legs, and attacks the face of its prey with its claws.
- [Meanwhile, Ash opens his Pokédex and looks up about Gliscor]
- Ash’s Pokédex: [robotic voice] Gliscor, the Fang Scorp Pokémon, and the evolved form of Gligar. It watches its prey as it hangs from trees by its tail and attacks from above when it sees the chance.
- [After Gligar fell on Ash when he is trying to catch her]
- Ash: Hey! Can't you watch where you fall?!
- [When Turtwig’s Energy Ball misses Team Rocket]
- Brock: The distance is there...
- Dawn: But the control isn’t!
- Ash: Turtwig, try again and aim carefully.
- [After Turtwig's Energy Ball successfully destroys Team Rocket's balloon]
- Jessie: [to Meowth] I wanted to net Gligar, not you!
- Meowth: I guess it's back ta scrounging for our own sandwiches.
- James: And consistently empty stomachs translate into just one thing...
- Team Rocket: We're blasting off again!
- Wobbuffet: Wobbuffet!
- [As usual, a star appears in the sky]
- Ash: [to Turtwig] That was awesome! Now don’t forget how that felt.
- Turtwig: [nods] Turtwig!
- [After almost all Gligar left the city]
- Nurse Joy: Oh, my. That’s a relief.
- Officer Jenny: Now we can finally relax.
- [Just then, Ash's Gligar friend flies on-screen]
- Gligar: Gli. [winks and licks her lips affectionately] Gligar!
- Ash: Not again!
- [To Ash’s, Turtwig’s and Pikachu’s surprise, Gligar lands on Ash and starts struggling]
- Ash: Hey! Where'd you learn how to fly?!
- Dawn: [dragging Gligar off of Ash] Why didn't you go with your friends?
- Gligar: [winks and licks her lips affectionately] Gli.
- Brock: I'll tell you what I think! Gligar likes Ash!
- Dawn and Ash: [confused] Huh?!
- [Ash gasps in amazement, then looks at his Gligar friend]
- Gligar: [smiling] Gligar.
- When Paul sends out Murkrow in his first attempt to catch Gliscor, he tells Murkrow to use Haze but Murkrow is not seen doing it.